Ethos and Values
Oaklands, creating strong roots for future growth through inspired education and play.
"Play, learn and achieve together"
Our Mission Statement
- To provide a happy, caring environment where children are safe.
- To provide families with accessible, affordable, high quality education and childcare.
- To help children to develop their confidence and independence.
- To provide high quality education and care where children develop the skills they need for learning in all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To provide an exciting and stimulating environment to foster a positive attitude to learning.
- To ‘lay the foundations’ for their future learning.
- To promote close relationships with families and share the education of their children.
Values and Ethos
Oaklands is an outstanding nursery providing education and care for children and their families.
The stimulating environment of the purpose built nursery gives children opportunities to enjoy learning and the innovative and exciting curriculum is a prominent factor in the children’s high level of achievement.
At Oaklands we promote creativity and give children the opportunities to be imaginative and critical thinkers.
We strive to help children develop confidence and independence and develop a positive attitude to learning.
We provide a happy, caring atmosphere where children feel safe and can develop and learn.
We promote high standards of behaviour and help children to understand of each others feelings.
Children learn to care for and respect themselves and others, to be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and to inequalities associated with race, gender and ability.
We work closely with parents and carers as we believe that the child’s learning and achievement is something we should all be a part of.